The origins of our school takes place back in 1977, when a group of parents decided to start their own project. They noticed there was not a suitable place for their children to receive an education based on their needs.
Nowadays, with more than 40 years of experience and improved facilities, we are capable of providing to our students specialized education according to their abilities. This is possible thanks to the expertise of our specialized teachers and educators, psychologists, speech therapists, physical therapists, and other professional staff. They develop a unique educational project for each student and put into practice with the support and communication of the family.
We work in small groups to improve learning, increase self-esteem and achieve a complete socialization.
We would like to highlight two of the main activities we are currently working on:
1. The “Count on me” project. We offer to the interested students some educational practices in the area of labour. This is possible due to partnership between the families, the Educational Department, the city hall and various companies.
2. The “We learn travelling” project, it is a biannual trip abroad.
This initiative started in 1982, and it has been founded solely through fundraising. The project allows our students an opportunity to visit new places by plane, and also participate in different experiences like tours to enrich their development. Our students feel comfortable during these trips because they are accompanied by our familiar staff. Some of our most notable trips have been in Lanzarote, Lisboa, Marrakech, Tunez and Sinaí.
We are a private School inspired by the Christian humanism, that has been financially supported by our Administration since its inception.
Currently the school has 88 pupils aged between 3 and 18 from Gironès, el Pla de l’Estany, Alt and Baix Empordà and La Selva. The Special Education Centre employs 25 people.
- Personalised education plans
- Support and assistance for families
- Tutoring services
- Help managing grants and benefits
- Library, Toy Library and Video Library
- Speech therapy
- Pastoral Service
- Physical Education
- Computer skills
- Meals and Transportation
- Swimming lessons in the GEiEG (Girona excursion and sporting group) swimming pool in Sant Ponç
- Equine therapy
- Cooking lessons
- Complementary activities, specifically acquiring new habits and education about values
- Trips to the theatre and cinema, and other cultural activities
- Trips and short-stay camps and end of year trips for students, depending on their age
- We also offer a summer camp during the month of July